- 1 cup (250 mL) white-colored sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons of (45 mL) milk
- 1/8 teaspoon (.5 mL) almond extract
- 3 drops food colouring (optional)
InstructionsWith electric mixture, beat sugar, butter and vanilla until mixture is creamy, a couple of minutes. Scrape lower sides of bowl. Add eggs beating after each egg beat completely.
Inside a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat the dry ingredients in to the creamed mixture.
Unveil cookie dough to at least oneOrfour" (.6 cm) onto a gently floured board. For the best results, don't roll cookie dough too thin. Use cookie cutters of your liking for various different sizes and shapes. Place cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets.
Bake at 350°F (180°C) for ten minutes or before the bottom of cookies turn golden brown.
Combine icing sugar with milk to achieve preferred distributing consistency. Stir in food colouring or leave icing white-colored. Utilizing a pastry brush, paint frosting over cooled cookies and decorate with coloured sugar, toasted coconut or slivered almonds, chocolate shavings or choc chips.
Makes roughly 4 dozen cookies, based on size standard.